Wednesday, February 15, 2012

~~MERRY SPRINGTIME MOUSER~~


I am so excited that you have stopped by for a visit. Up for your consideration today is Granny Gert and Lil' Dilly. Now in the Land of Nod, everyone knows that Granny is a very gentle ole soul and that she has a very special fondness for little strays.

Granny Gert is an original BCF design. She is approximately 7" tall and is made of walnut-aged osnaburg. Her facial features are needle-sculpted. Her hair, which peaks out of her cheesecloth scarf, is aged flax and her glasses are of rusty wire.







Her dress is available in three colors ~~

carmel brown with tiny tan daisies cotton print
black/tan mini check homespun
drab gree/tan mini check homespun


Her apron is made from an antique Bemis feedsack I acquired from our local grain silo. I have reproduced the "Bemis" logo on the front. +++A very special "thank you" goes out to my dear friend, Mary, who worked up the logo for me.+++


Her basket has been painted and aged giving it a sweet, old age patina. The dainty flowers have been attached to rusty wire stems and are securely anchored in the basket.


And last, but not least, is Lil' Dilly. The lucky little duckie who has found Granny. She is made of painted and aged muslin. Her top-knot and wings are aged flax and her feet are made of rusty wire. Her all-too-big- for-her-body feet, that is...heehee!

As with all my offerings, I use only quilt shop quality fabrics with special attention given to detail.

if you should feel "needful" of ole Gert and Dilly, please kindly email me at grams1garden@yahoo.com with your color choice. Special orders are ALWAYS welcome. Cost is a mere $34.50 plus air fare. She will come signed and dated along with a special little "thank you" from my home to yours.

SIMPLE SPRINGTIME BLESSINGS

hugs,
Carol

17 comments:

The Bear's Blog said...

Hi Carol,

Oh, Granny and Lil Dilly are precious, truly works of art. And I am so blessed to have Granny. I love the tan fabric, and have renamed my pair, Edith Ann & Ducky (so original, giggle)but the names have a special meaning to me.

I love them and admire them each time I pass them, they have a special place of honor in my dining room and will be my spring/summer centerpiece.

Your work is beautiful, and who couldn't fall in love with Ducky's big feet. To precious.

Hugs

Sheila said...

Hello Carol~
your creations are so wonderfully detailed. Love reading about them.
Hope you have a wonderful day.
Blessings,
Sheila

Traci~Moon Gypsy said...

Good Morning Carol.. So fine work, my dear. Blessings♥

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Carol,I am in love with the mouse you made. They are beautiful and the detail and love you put in them are PRICELESS!

I wish I could buy one right now but I have to wait.

I would love her one my table for Spring and Summer.
BEAUTIFUL....DROOLING!

Happy Crafting,
Tricia

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Hi, Carol
Wonderful work~ adorable!!! Making me get in the mood for spring~
smiles
Teresa

CRAFTY STITCHERS said...

They are too cute! I love your work.

Jody Wakefield studio said...

They are adorable of course! I am loving my sweet little Gert and Lil Dilly. They are perched a top of my antique kitchen scale.

Great Work my friend!!

Hugs
Jody

Mouse Blankets said...

Carol,

As always your mousers are just amazing. I can't wait to get my Gert and Dilly in the mail.

Love Always,

Sue

Lara Valcárcel said...

Maravillosas me encantan , seguro no me entiendes el idioma pero me encantarĂ­an los patrones, me dejas sin palabras.besitos.

Shirlee said...

Adorable! Blessings, Shirlee

Danice G said...

I love mice. These are totally adorable, Carol. I really like the little wire glasses also, since I wear glasses myself, ha :)

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

They are gorgeous Carol. Granny and Lil Dilly have so much detail and are so beautifully finished.
No one does mice like you, Carol!
Hugs,
Susan

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

These are all exquisite! Every one is perfect in it's own way! I love Lil Dilly! I see by the comments that we are all drooling over these! You've gotten a jump on Spring! ♥♥♥

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Oh my gosh if these aren't the cutest ~ I don't know what is!!!!
Such a talented artist you are Carol!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Mary said...

Hi Carol, well gal you did it "AGAIN"!! Gert and Little Dilly are so precious... and the perfect display for spring!Each time I think it doesn't get much better than this you surprise us all with another wonderful creation!!! Your work is so amazing, and the detail you give those little mousers is totally outstanding!! I am so blessed to you have you as my sweet friend, and to own some of your wonderful creations......One thing though, I may be having to look into Mouser's rehab soon...as I am so addicted! heheheh
Big Hugs, Mary

Roberta said...

How cute are those little critters! And their details are perfect--love the little "Bemis" aprons. ~Roberta

Pam B said...

Carol, Granny Gert is absolutely awesome! The details that you have put into her are so amazing. You are one talented lady!

Hugs,
Pam