Thursday, July 26, 2012

WE ARE BLESSED WITH A LITTLE RAIN

What a wonderful sight to wake up to...an overcast day and a little rain.  Who would have thought that I would love to see an overcast day.  That statement has never been true until now.  I can count on one hand the number of days we have had a little rain since summer began.  We are in a real drought and I can't say as I remember a dryer summer since I moved to Michigan in 1974.

Anywho, I purchased a new snowman (I collect them, you know) from a fellow artisan and friend and want to share him with you.  Now some of you may be familiar with Jody's work from SWEET BEAR CREEK WHIMS and some of you may not.  If not, you are in for a very special treat!


Mr. Freezy is a special, one of a kind little guy with a personality all his own.  Jody has amazing artistic talent with a brush as well as sculpting ability.  She is a perfectionist in every sense of the word.  The little ginger is a work of art in his own right.  His little face is hand painted and his body is coated with a light dusting of cinnamon spice making him the perfect BFF to Mr. Freezy.  Even the little buttons are handmade, heart shaped gingerbread cookies.  What a guy!!!!  He will be going to that "I can't put you away till Christmas" spot so I can enjoy looking at hi  m.  ha!  Everyone needs a year-round Christmas corner in their house don't they...heehee!

Along with Mr. Freezy, I was pleasantly surprised to find several bars of Jody's special soap in scents that smell good enough to eat.  I am currently using the Mango scent and it is divine.  I love it!!! AND she also knows how I enjoy my morning cup of coffee and sent me this new mug.  It is a rich, deep red with a sweet chicken pattern to it. (These were my sweet birthday prezzies.)

   

So, grab yourself a cup of coffee in your favorite mug and hop on over to Jody's blog and see what cool things she has to offer.  She has a great website, an etsy shop, is a member of the PFATT  Marketplace and also offers her patterns on Patternmart and The Prim Pattern all of which are linked to her blog making it easy for you to navigate and check out her work.  To visit her blog just click HERE.

I am currently working on some new fall mouser goodes and hope to have them added to my etsy in just a few days.  I will keep you posted.  Thanks for stopping by.

OH GOOD....THE RAIN IS COMING DOWN AGAIN!  WOO HOO!!!

hugs!
Carol

14 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Carol,
YAYfor RAIN!! I am sure my in-laws who live in Michigan are doing the rain dance too!
LOVE Jody's creations. She is so talented!
Enjoy Mr. Freezy!
Barb

TheCrankyCrow said...

Awww....Mr. Freezy is wonderful! I wouldn't be able to put him away either! Jody does have an amazing gift....and those soaps look (and sound) positively delightful!

So glad to hear you got some rain. We, unfortunately, have not. Last week they escalated our drought status from "extreme" to "severe." We had an 80% chance of rain predicted for Tuesday night and yesterday and got not a single drop. A few miles from here, they did get a sprinkling, but not enough to save many of the crops that are failing. Scary times....Enjoy your soaking....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Jody Wakefield studio said...

What a lovely post my sweet friend.... I am honored you like your things. :-) I hear ya on the rain, don't mind at all when we get it!

Hugs
Jody

Primitive Stars said...

Hello Carol, so so happy to hear you have rain falling, great. What a wonderful guy Mr. Freezy is, cutie pie. Love the soaps, can`t beat homemade.Enjoy the rain my friend, Blessings Francine.

Kays Kids said...

YOur Snow man is wonderful. Sweet Bear Creek Whims certainly have great creations.
I'm so glad you can have a little rain to help the parched earth.
Hugs

candice said...

I feel the same way!! I live in Ohio and I felt the same way...sooooo happy to see rain!

Cindi said...

Oh I love your cute snowman! I love snowmen too, actually pretty much anything Christmas! I love your mice too and can't wait to see them. Have a great weekend,
Be blessed,
Cindi

My Colonial Home said...

SOOOO CUTE....I'm a snowman collector too and this is just too perfect!
I'm off to visit Jody's site. Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Karen

My Colonial Home said...

Oh I forgot...we have had rain for the past 3 nights and some just a few minutes ago. Thank goodness because it was beginning to look like things were going to be totally lost.
Karen

annie said...

glad you got some rain, hope you get some more. love the snowman, he's a cutie!

Theresa said...

Love your new Mr. Freezy....he's got a really great face. Plus I must admit I have a Christmas corner where some of my winter goodies sit out all year. I just can't put them in a box 11months out of a year. Call me crazy but if you spend good moroundness something (or are given a gift) you love why not enjoy it all year round.

Theresa said...

I must read what I type before I post...LOL. What I wanted to say was....if we spend good money on something we love we should enjoy it all year.

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

I love your Mr.Freezy. I am falling in love with all the wonderful things on your sidebar too.Your creations are wonderful. The mice are adorable.
Love, love those ears and whiskers.

Hugs
Iris

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Love that snowman! And the extra's! What a sweet surprise!

Can't wait to see your new mousies!

Carmen and the Primcats