Wednesday, July 25, 2012

TODAY IS A DAY FOR SHARING AND THANK YOUS!!!

My very good friend, Mary of MARMMIES MAMMYS AND MORE recently sent me a box of cute tissue paper that we ordered at bulk rate and split.  I was certainly tickled when the box of tissue arrived and really surprised when I opened it and here is what I found:


Lots of sweet goodies for our new pup, Peanut.  Yummy Trail Mix (which she loves and thinks she has to have every time we come in from outside) a new squeak toy and a new dainty girly collar.  Mary's daughter owns a doggie day care and makes and sells the collars.  How's that for spoiling the pup long distance  (((giggle))).  Peanut thanks you with a wag of her tail :-)

AND, THAT'S NOT ALL.........YOU JUST HAVE TO MEET MIZZ BERDIE...




This doll is just amazing.  Mary's pride in her workmanship is very apparent  and she has a keen eye for the tiniest of details.  Each time I look at her I notice something else that I missed the first time.  And what Mammy would be complete without a basket full of warm buttermilk biscuits and a bottle of fresh buttermilk.

Trust me when I say the buscuits and buttermilk look good enough to eat.  ha!  What an inviting treat resting in her lap.  Although I don't know the measurements of this wonderful doll, she is quite large and sits comfortably in my antique cane bottom chair.  If you get the chance to see Mary's dolls or to purchase one, you will not be disappointed.  Thank you, sweet Mary, for this wonderful gift.  Mary and I will get the chance to meet in just a few short weeks.  I am really looking forward to getting to know her and her fiance, Mark, a lot better.  We have a really fun trip planned in Amish country.  Mary also sent me two huge bags of raw flax.  Unfortunately, my camera batteries are low and I couldn't get a good pic of them.  Sorry!  If you would like to visit Mary's blog you can do so by clicking HERE.

Also, last week I received a package from my good friend, Joyce of THE BEAR'S BLOG (who, by the way is hosting Camp Good Bear.)  The package was marked DO NOT OPEN UNTIL JULY 24TH.  OM Gosh!!!  Every morning I would get up and see the package and think, hmmmmm......should I wait or should I open....will this be the day that I give in to the temptation?  Well, I did wait until the 24th and here are pics of the wonderful goodies that Joyce made for me....



An adorable Halloween table runner complete with cat, bat and pumpkin done in some awesome Fall print fabrics.  Joyce's quilting and applique on this piece is beautiful and I love it.  Can't wait for Fall so I can display it on my table.  And here is a pic of what else was in the box....


Just the sweetest little reindeer made from fleece and wool felt complete with little stick antlers.  And in the back you can see a cute wooden Christmas tree.  Now who wouldn't be delighted to receive this adorable Christmas gathering.  I certainly can't wait for the holidays and a little cooler weather.  ha!  Thank you so much for thinking of me on my special day.  Joyce has some adorable handmade cookie cutter critters and bears as well as a Shabby Chic Shop you will certainly be needing to check out.  Just click HERE to be taken to her blog and while you are there you can check out the Camp Good Bear Photo Album.

Thank you to everyone for the cards, e-cards and birthday wishes.  You have certainly made my day, awe heck, my week a wonderful one.

HUGS!
Carol

9 comments:

The Bear's Blog said...

You are so sweet, and it's so much fun sending your prezzies.

Hugs ♥

Jody Wakefield studio said...

What wonderful things!! I just love miss Birdie, how adorable... Mary is quite talented and obviously sweet!

Hugs
Jody

Kays Kids said...

Love your doggy treats and the beautiful mammy.How sweet of Joyce, Her reindeer's as so special. I hope you had a wonderful birthday.
hugs

Primitive Stars said...

Hello Carol,Peanut is a lucky girl to get presants in the mail to. The mammy is so prim perfect, right down to the biscuits. Very talented lady, just like the group of you wonderful crafters. Wishing you a very fun filled trip, enjoy, Blessings Francine.

Mary said...

You are just tooooo Sweet Miss Carol....So happy that you and Peanut are enjoying all your new goodies..makes me smile so! Joyce sure spoiled you good....Love all her surprises that she sent you! She's such a crafty gal of many talents! Now I have one more thing before I go.. could you please tell me how to get this dang head of mine, to fit through the door....as it has gotten so big with all your sweet compliments! LMBOH.....
Another day down and counting :)
Hugs Mary

BumbleBeeLane said...

Oh my goodness such wonderful birthday gifts.Love the black doll very special! Warm Blessings!~Amy

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Carol, isn't that Mary such a sweetheart! Peanut is really getting spoiled. And I love your mammy doll, I love Mary's work, it is prim perfect. I am so excited for you girls to meet, how wonderful, you will have a ball!!!
And love your fall table runner and box of goodies, I would say Christmas in July for sure!!!
hugs, Lecia

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh my HECK! I LOVE Miss Berdie!!! Wow!!! I knew Mary was talented, but I guess I really haven't seen that many of her dolls....this one is incredible!! The toes, the fingers!!! !!! Absolutely adore it!! What a sweetheart she is - and how fun that the two of you get to meet.... Sweet gifties from Joyce as well - certainly looks like you got spoiled good from some very dear friends....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Theresa said...

Carol what a wonderful surprise you got....and so many lovely things too. I'm sure Peanut is a happy doggie too. ;0)