Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I AM SO EXCITED.....LOOK WHAT I JUST GOT...



I just answered the door a little bit ago and our sweet postman had this huge box for me. The box was from my good friend, Kim, of Old Road Primitives. I was very excited but had no idea what was inside. I just had to share with all of you the wonderful things she sent me. She knows that I have been frantically doing work around the yard because my daughter and her fiance are getting married here in just a few short weeks.. So she sent me a goodie box full of wonderful gardening tools. Now, I don't mind telling ya that I have been gardening so long that all my tools and such were just about shot. So this box definitely sent me into an excited frenzy!!Wow!! She just thought of everything!!


I have gloves, a spade and rake and even some daisy and bachelor button seeds.


Last, but not least, she also sent me a kneeling pad (for my sorry old knees) and the coolest pop-up yard tote that folds down when you aren't using it for easy storage.

Thank you, Kim!! You are such a kind and thoughtful friend. I don't know what else to say except look out gardens here I come!!!

Kim is not only a dear friend, but she has a wonderful blog that offers tons of freebies, tips and decorating ideas. If you haven't been there before, you are missing out. Just click on Old Road Primitives and it will take you there.

hugs,
Carol

8 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

What a fun box of goodies!! (Well, if you consider that kind of work "fun!") What a thoughtful friend you have in Kim - I saw her hints on her site, and it had me so curious....Lucky you! Enjoy - now get out and get going!! ;o) Smiles & Hugs, Robin

Unknown said...

Hi Carol,
How thoughtful and wonderful.
Tam

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol,

With your daughter's wedding come up soon and all the yard work that you have planned, it didn't take me long to figure out what I was going to "Surprise" you with! Most people would probably call us crazy because we like yard work! I spend so much time in the house in the winter that I love nothing more then being outdoors when the weather is good and I find yard work a great way to get exercise! Anyways, enjoy your new garden tools and "Thanks" to you for being such a great friend! Hopefully, one day we can meet in person!

Happy gardening and wedding!
Kim

Beckyjean said...

Hi Carol~

Lovely box of goodies. What a thoughtful friend. Enjoy them.

Becky

Mary said...

Hi Carol, what awesome and thoughtfull goodies Kim sent you, she's such a sweetheart! Have a wonderful week! Mary

Diane said...

How thoughtful and fun...don't you just loving getting goodies in the mail?? Bet you ccan put them to good use, too.,..have a nice week!

deb said...

wow what a great gift.....great blog, I will be back!

~Madalynne~ said...

Nice box of garden goodies! Those Shasta Daisies are one of my favorites! Such fun playin' in the dirt!