Friday, October 14, 2011

I WAS GIFTED AND NOW I WANT TO SHARE.....

I went out to the mailbox today expecting the usual stuff....you know what I am referring to.....boring bills and junk mail.  Wow...was I surprised when I saw a manilla envelope addressed to me.  It was from Sue, a wonderfully talented quilt designer that I recently had the pleasure of doing some custom work for.



She sent me this amazing pattern for one of her Halloween wall hangings.  Here is a close-up of the finished item.



These are works of art when they are completed and making them even more SPECIAL are the  buttons that are included with each pattern for use in the quilt.  Here is a picture of the buttons that come with "A Spell Gone Wrong".


Aren't they just the cutest buttons for Halloween you've ever seen!  She also sent me the cutest fall bookmark made with a real leaf pressed into plastic.  What a unique idea!

Thank you soooo much, Sue, for your kind gesture and generosity!  I am humbled and blessed to have met someone so special.  Sue designs these quilted works of art and wholesales from her website  Mouse Blankets.  If you would like to find a retailer of her patterns near you, visit her website at http://www.mouseblankets.com for this and more information. 

In the near future, I will post pictures of the finished wallhanging:0)  Have a great weekend!!!

hugs,
Carol

















4 comments:

The Bear's Blog said...

What a wonderful surprise. The wall hanging is amazing and yes, those buttons are the cutest.

I can't wait to see your completed work of art.

Hugs, & Happy Weekend.

Traci~Moon Gypsy said...

What a wonderful surprise, Carol! Can't wait to see it all sewn up, looks sew cute...

Hugs
Traci

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

Carol, how wonderful that you received a gift in the mail also. What a wonderful wall hanging, and the
buttons are absolutely fabulous. They're adorable.
I'm so glad you have this to enjoy and make.
Warm Regards,
Susan

TheCrankyCrow said...

You should've kissed your mail person....that is absolutely delightful! What a fun surprise! Love the wall hanging - and can't wait to see yours all done up Carol-style!! Enjoy - and happy stitching! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin